Find true love and family with a pirate crew at the ends of the universe, where aliens, ghosts, and portals open the space between worlds…and your heart. You are a Navigator, one who creates and guards portals from one dimension to another, wary of the liminal sea between them.
Your universe is made of two worlds: one contains the magic-infused world of Zephyria, and the other, the dystopian space station Eclipse. The worlds are balanced, until one day, an explosive disaster, a deadly energy storm, and an infamous pirate—the Ghost Queen—upend your life and plunge you into a race to save both worlds.
Dawnfall is a 235,000-word interactive romance novel by RoAnna Sylver, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power or your imagination.
So what happens when you find there’s not just two dimensions to save, but three? Is saving two worlds worth sacrificing one? Will you find love with the crew of the Dawnfall, or will you bring these pirates to justice? Are connections between universes, people, and lives meant to be forged and protected, or severed for the greater good?
- Play as male, female, nonbinary, or agender; gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, or aromantic
- Play as monogamous or polyamorous–romancing up to 5 crewmates at the same time!
- Live your best life as a star-covered space elf, or as a feathered, magical bird-person
- Face off against infamous pirate known as the Ghost Queen, or join her rebellious quest
- Save not one, but three whole worlds; one built on magic, one on technology, and one on something entirely unknown…
- Explore an ever-shifting, magical pirate ship
- Open portals between dimensions with magic, technology, or the power of rock n’roll
Navigate your heart’s own course, and hope you can weather the storms.
You can play the first four chapters of the game for free today. The rest of the game will be available on Mon, Dec 2, 9:30.
PUBLISHER: Heart’s Choice, a romance line of interactive fiction novels from Choice of Games
LAUNCH DATE: December 2nd for the whole game, but the first 4 chapters are free to play now!
- https://www.choiceofgames.com/hearts-choice/dawnfall/ (play Dawnfall now)
- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42624633 (Add Dawnfall on Goodreads)
- https://www.facebook.com/DawnfallGame (Dawnfall on Facebook)
- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1183300/Dawnfall/ (Dawnfall on Steam, releases Dec. 4th)
- Heartschoice.com (the romance imprint)
- Choiceofgames.com (the parent company)
RoAnna Sylver is a writer of really cool, queer, weird books (Chameleon Moon, Stake Sauce), and interactive fiction games (Dawnfall, Date the Lizard, The Three-Body Problem). A chronically ill Portland, OR-based artist and musician, RoAnna also probably spends too much time playing videogames (it’s research!) and would really like a nap.
One thought on “Dawnfall”
I had no idea that there were games like this that read like books!